Qualitative researchers are:
- Smart, business savvy, creative people
- Out-of-the-box thinkers and innovators
- Hard working and reliable
- Amazing communicators (since we read people for a living)
- Fun to work with
- Skilled at uncovering the “why” behind behavior
- Experts at gathering deeper insights
Qualitative researchers are thrilled to partner with you throughout your research process. We will help you with research design, data collection, analysis, and reporting. We can answer your questions and walk you through choosing your target market, determining the best methodology, and finalizing your research goals.
What’s in it for you… Qualitative researchers like to express themselves in creative ways. We use imagery, metaphors, storytelling and games to help organizations to be:
- Empathetic – understand your customer’s journey, pain points, fears, needs, and desires
- Good listeners – learn about your customer’s motivations and barriers
- Unbiased – remain neutral (without influence of internal politics or sacred cows)
- Open – see potential changes and innovations
- Successful – obtain the answers to your vital research questions and improve your research outcomes
What you should look for… When hiring a qualitative researcher, look for someone who asks questions, challenges your team to consider other options, and listens. If you plan to have them moderate group discussions, be sure they are experienced. For instance, controlling group dynamics is tough and an unseasoned moderator may be challenged by managing a dominating participant.
Keep in mind that having a qualitative researcher who does not know a lot about your industry is not a bad thing. If they learn quickly, and are inquisitive, that’s perfect. You need a qualitative research partner who can elicit information from customers, bring a fresh perspective, and most importantly remain neutral while doing it. That can be tough for someone on the inside. (Insiders are living your product/service daily and will struggle to remain neutral.)
Next steps… Keep in mind that incorporating qualitative research into your process will improve research outcomes. Working with a trained qualitative researcher ensures that creativity, empathy and fun will be incorporated into your research process. Contact me (email@example.com) if you want to improve your research outcomes.